- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that I record about visitors to the site. I regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave the website immediately.
- I take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. I undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to me.
- This policy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 (Act) accordingly incorporating the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires me to tell you about your rights and my obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. I do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, I do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through my website.
The bases on which I process information about you
The law requires me to determine under which of six defined bases I process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which I process your personal information is no longer relevant then I shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes then if required by law I shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which I have determined that I can continue to process your information.
1. Information I process because I have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on my website, buy a product or service from me, or otherwise agree to my terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and I.
In order to carry out my obligations under that contract I must process the information you give me. Some of this information may be personal information.
I may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- sell products to you
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on products, services and how to obtain the most from using our website
I process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested I use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
Additionally, I may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor my performance with respect to a particular service I provide. If I use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable.
2. Information I process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse the website or ask me to provide you more information about my business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to me to process information that may be personal information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send me a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect me to reply.
Except where you have consented to my use of your information for a specific purpose, I do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. I may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor the performance of a particular page on the website.
If you have given me explicit permission to do so, I may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom I consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
I continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing me at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
3. Information I process for the purposes of legitimate interests
I may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to me, of doing so.
Where I process your information on this basis, I do after having given careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect me to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, I may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of my business.
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which I believe you would expect a response
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to manage business risk
4. Information I process because I have a legal obligation
I am subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, I must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
For example, I may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
Specific uses of information you provide to me.
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
The website may allow you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- posting a comment on a blog post
- tagging an image
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it.
Once your information enters the public domain, I have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. I accept no responsibility for their actions at any time.
Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal requirement for us to retain it, then I may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting me at email@example.com
6. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by me or transferred to me either through my website or otherwise.
At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal / Stripe or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be branded to look like a page on my website, but it is not controlled by me.
7. Sending a message to our support team
When you contact me, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, I collect the data you have given to me in order to reply with the information you need.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
- to track how you use my website
- to record whether you have seen specific messages I may display on my website
- to keep you signed in to our website
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
Requests by your web browser to my servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
I record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. I also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
I use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on my website and how they perform in providing content to you.
9. Our use of re-marketing
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse my website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for my products or services when you visit some other website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
10. Information I obtain from third parties
Although I do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), I sometimes receive data that is indirectly made up from your personal information from third parties whose services I use.
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
11. Third party advertising on my website
Third parties may advertise on my website. In doing so, those parties, their agents or other companies working for them may use technology that automatically collects information about you when their advertisement is displayed on our website.
I do not have control over these technologies or the data that these parties obtain. Accordingly, this privacy notice does not cover the information practices of these third parties.
12. Credit reference
To assist in combating fraud, I share information with credit reference agencies, so far as it relates to clients or customers who instruct their credit card issuer to cancel payment to us without having first provided an acceptable reason to us and given me the opportunity to refund their money.
13. Data may be processed outside the European Union
My website is hosted in the Netherlands
I may also use outsourced services in countries outside the European Union from time to time in other aspects of my business.
Access to your own information
14. Access to your personal information
- At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that I hold about you
- To obtain a copy of any information that is held by me, you may send me a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After receiving the request, I will advise you whether I require any fee for providing it to you.
15. Removal of your information
If you wish me to remove any personally identifiable information I hold, you may contact me at email@example.com
16. Verification of your information
When I receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information I shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action.
17. Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
18. How you can complain
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner. This can be done at https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/complaints/1592.htm
19. Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, I keep your personal information only for as long as required by me:
- to provide you with the services you have requested;
- to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- to support a claim or defence in court.
20. Compliance with the law
I may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use my website. You may print a copy for your records.